1. Add all ingredients (chocolate and pecan pieces) into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 7 minutes on slow speed and 9 minutes on fast speed.
3. Dough temperature should be 26°C.
4. Bulk for 60 minutes at room temperature in an oiled container.
5. Scale at 400g, roll flat and place finest chocolate chocolate and pecan pieces in the middle.
6. Cut 5 times on each side, plait and sprinkle with topping as desired.
7. Prove for 30-45 minutes at room temperature, covered with plastic.
8. Bake at 220°C, falling to 190°C for 25-30 minutes, with steam.
9. Pull out damper after 20 minutes.
Yield: 5 plaits
Granville Way, Bicester Oxon OX26 4JT United Kingdom