1. Add all ingredients (except fat) into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 6 minutes on slow speed and 4-6 minutes on fast speed, until fully developed (add the fat after slow speed).
3. Dough temperature should be 24-26°C.
4. Bulk for 20 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic.
5. Scale at 120g, mould round, make a hole in the middle of the dough piece using a stick and then stretch the hole.
6. Prove for 20 minutes until half-proved at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, 85% relative humidity.
7. Bring 1000g water, 20g sugar and 10g baking soda to boil and blanch the dough pieces for 25 seconds on each side.
8. Bake at 230°C for 12-14 minutes, with steam (do not pull out damper at any time).
Yield: 149 bagels
Granville Way, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4JT, United Kingdom