1. Add all the ingredients into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 6-7 minutes on slow speed and 2-3 minutes on fast speed, until fully developed.
3. Dough temperature should be between 24-26°C.
4. Bulk for 45 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic and fold after 20 minutes.
5. Scale at 450g, mould into round shape, dip into rye grits and prove with the seal on the bottom in proving baskets, dusted with rye flour.
6. Prove for 30-40 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, 85% relative humidity.
7. Turn the dough pieces.
8. Bake at 240-250°C, falling to 200°C for 35-40 minutes, with steam.
9. Pull out damper after 20 minutes.
Yield: 43 loaves
Granville Way, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4JT, United Kingdom