1. Add all ingredients into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 8-10 minutes on slow speed and 7-9 minutes on fast speed, until fully developed (add only 80% of the water at the beginning).
3. Dough temperature should be between 24-26°C.
4. Bulk for 60-75 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic and fold after 30 minutes
5. Scale at 400g and mould into long shape, then dip the surface into cracked wheat and place into baking tins.
6. Prove for 30-45 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, 85% relative humidity.
7.Cut the top of the dough as desired.
8. Bake at 240°C, falling to 220°C for 35-45 minutes, with steam.
9. Pull out damper after 15 minutes.
Yield: 49 loaves
Granville Way, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4JT, United Kingdom