1. Boil the water at 95°C, add to the wheatmalt flakes and leave to cool down to 5°C. Note: use only once cold.
1. Place group 2 ingredients into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 8-10 minutes on slow speed and 2-3 minutes on fast speed, until fully developed.
3. Dough temperature should be 24-26°C.
4. Bulk for 60 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic..
5. Scale at 450g, mould into round shape, dip into rye grits and prove with the seal on the bottom in proving baskets, dusted with rye flour.
6. Prove for 90 minutes at a controlled temperature of 5°C and then at 90 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25°C, 85% relative humidity.
7. Bake at 230-235°C, falling to 200°C for 35-40 minutes, with steam.
8. Pull out damper after 20 minutes.
Yield: 49 loaves