1. Add all ingredients into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 6-8 minutes on slow speed and 6-8 minutes on fast speed, until fully developed.
3. Dough temperature should be between 24-26°C.
4. Bulk for 45 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic.
5. Scale at 400g and mould into 50cm strands, then form a single-stranded bread, pull the ends together to get the knot shape and finally dip the surface into cracked rye.
6. Prove for 45-60 minutes with the surface on the bottom, at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic.
7. Turn the dough pieces.
8. Bake at 230°C, falling to 220°C for 35-40 minutes, with steam.
9. Pull out damper after 15 minutes.
Yield: 46 loaves