1. Add all ingredients into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 1 minute on slow speed.
3. Scrape down.
4. Mix for 5 minutes on fast speed.
5. Leave the mixture for 30 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic.
6. Place the crumpet rings (8cm) on a plate at 240°C to pre-heat and grease.
7. Deposit 70g of batter into the crumpet ring.
8. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
9. Remove crumpet rings and flat crumpets using a spatula.
10. Bake for a further 2 minutes.
Yield: 395 crumpets
Granville Way, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4JT, United Kingdom