1. Add all ingredients (except apple, sultanas and roasted hazelnuts) into a spiral mixing bowl.
2. Mix for 7 minutes on slow speed and 5 minutes on fast speed, until fully developed.
3. Dough temperature should be 24-26°C.
4. Add the apple, sultanas and roasted hazelnuts and mix for 1 minute on slow speed.
5. Bulk for 60 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic.
6. Scale at 500g, mould into Vienna shape and dip into museli mix (oats and hazelnuts 1:1).
7. Prove for 45-60 minutes at a controlled temperature of 25-28°C, covered with plastic.
8. Cut the top of the dough three times at a 45° angle.
9. Bake at 220°C, falling to 190°C for 30-40 minutes, with steam.
10. Pull out damper after 20 minutes.
Yield: 43 loaves
Granville Way, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4JT, United Kingdom