- Add all ingredients into a spiral mixing bowl.
- Mix for 2 minutes on slow speed.
- Scrape down.
- Mix for 8 minutes on fast speed.
- Roll out dough to 1cm thick.
- Using a sharp gingerbread man cutter, cut out 40g or 60g pieces, depending on required size.
- Place on doughnut wire and retard overnight.
- Dry prove for 10 minutes.
- Wet prove for 25 minutes.
- Dry prove for 10 minutes before frying.
- Fry for 1 minute 30 seconds on each size.
Note: 5% ground ginger can be added to the mix for an extra ginger flavour, however extra yeast may need to be added to the recipe
Assembly / Decoration
- Roll doughnut gingerbread men in ginger caster sugar mix.
- Inject with RTU Vanilla Cream Filling for one or two buttons to finish.
Yield: Approx. 38 Large or 57 Small