To provide practical bakery and laboratory support to NPD and Bread Centre of Competence functions. Based in the Bakels Baking Centre and Product Assessment Laboratory, you will be working with ingredients, finished goods and new concepts to help bring products to market across the Bakels Group.
NPD: reporting to Cedntre of Competence Application Specialist.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Using a range of laboratory equipment, including texture analyser, C-Cell and Mixolab.
- Evaluate products as necessary for the purpose of customer support.
- Prepare analytical data for evaluation with NPD Technologists.
- Ensure smooth day to day operation of the product assessment lab.
- Prepare and evaluate baked product samples using a range of bakery equipment.
- Evaluate performance of Bakels products in bakery applications.
- Develop group knowledge relating to various ingredients.
- Prepare and discuss results with NPD Technologists.
- Proactively develop new application areas using Mixolab and Texture Analyser.
- Support the NPD sampling function.
- Maintain flexibility to provide support to Technical, QC, Marketing and NPD departments, Technical Service Managers and Account Managers.
Bakels Group Activity
- Testing, evaluation and sampling to include support to group projects initiated by Group Purchasing, Group Technical Officer, local NPD teams, Application Specialist, Group Technical Director.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Familiarity with bakery ingredients.
- Scientific mindset.
- At least two years practical bakery experience.
- Food science or related background an advantage.
- Experience of laboratory and/or product development work.
Closing date for applications: Monday 31st May 2021.