First point of contact for daily IT issues and tasks including 1st and 2nd line IT support, dealing with helpdesk tickets, setting up new users and computers, as well as to help cover OOH. Role would progress to involve increased responsibility, taking on IT and development projects and 3rd line work with a view of developing the individual further and increasing their skillset.
IT: reporting to Network & Infrastructure Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- First point of contact for IT support for the company.
- IT helpdesk including all tickets, maintaining and improving the helpdesk.
- General user support of all company devices & software.
- Setting up of new users and devices.
- Software installations, configurations and updates.
- Managing user permissions, access and groups.
- Responsible for the IT asset register.
- Ensuring all company devices are protected.
- Maintaining and updating the ERP system.
- Liaising with external IT support company to resolve issues where required.
- Supporting and providing cover for the wider IT and Development team, managing departmental workloads and individual project deliverables.
- Actively identify improvement opportunities where IT can help improve other areas throughout the business.
- Maintaining and/or creating full IT documentation for IT processes including but not limited to software information, installation guides, network and infrastructure documentation, firewall information and IT polices.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Eagerness to consistently improve themselves and the IT environment around them.
- Good initiative and ability to problem solve.
- Consistently go above and beyond to ensure issues are resolved.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements and solutions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage varying demands and workloads.
- Experience with Windows environment (7, 8, 10, Server 2012, 2016 and 2019).
- Experience with MS Office/365.
- AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy administration experience.
- Experience with computers, laptops, printers, mobiles, including the setting up, administering and rebuilding of them.
- SQL knowledge and experience.
- Coding or programming experience.
- Experience with using and managing an ERP system.
- Additional ideal experience or qualifications – Exchange, Backup Software, VMware, Wireless, Anti-Virus, Switch Configuration, Telephone Systems, Networked Printers, Jira, Firewall administration, VPN, Teams, Power BI, Intranet, Label Software, WSUS, Writing IT Documentation.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th February 2021