At an exciting time to join the Bakels team, the company has strong plans for expansion over the coming years and looking for a new member of the IT Team to support future growth.
- 10% company pension contributions.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- A complimentary extra day holiday for your birthday.
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Enhanced family friendly policies.
- Annual bonus and pay review (non-contractual).
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programme, Financial Advisor, yearly health checks.
- FREE onsite parking, hot drinks, bakery items, canteen facilities.
First point of contact for daily IT issues and tasks including 1st and 2nd line IT support, dealing with helpdesk tickets, setting up new users and computers, as well as to help cover OOH. Role would progress to involve increased responsibility, taking on IT and development projects and 3rd line work with a view of developing the individual further and increasing their skillset.
IT: reporting to the Network & Infrastructure Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- First line of contact for IT support for the company
- IT helpdesk including resolving tickets, maintaining and improving the helpdesk
- General user support of all company devices & software
- Setting up of new users and devices
- Software installations, configurations and updates
- Managing user permissions, access and groups
- Ensuring all company devices are protected
- Liaising with external IT support companies to escalate and resolve issues where required
- Supporting and providing cover for IT team, managing departmental workloads and individual project deliverables
- Actively identify improvement opportunities where IT can help improve other areas throughout the business
- Maintaining and/or creating full IT documentation for IT processes including but not limited to software information, installation guides, network and infrastructure documentation, firewall information, asset resister and IT polices.
- Highly self-motivated
- Eagerness to consistently improve themselves and the IT environment around them.
- Good initiative and ability to problem solve
- Consistently go above and beyond to ensure issues are resolved
- Strong written and oral communication skills (desirable)
- Proactive in suggesting improvements and solutions.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage varying demands and workloads
Key Competencies (Qualifications & Experience)
- Experience with Windows environment (7, 8, 10, 11, Server 2016, 2019 and 2022)
- Experience with MS Office/365
- AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy administration experience
- Experience with computers, laptops, printers, mobiles, including the setting up, administering and rebuilding of them
- SQL knowledge and experience
- Experience with using and managing an ERP system
- Additional ideal experience or qualifications – Exchange, Backup Software, VMware, Wireless, Anti-Virus, Switch Configuration, Telephone Systems, Networked Printers, Jira, Firewall
- Administration, VPN, Power BI, Intranet, Label Software, ManageEngine, MDM, Writing IT Documentation