To complete all checks required on raw materials in accordance with the agreed specification. To ensure food safety and quality agreed standards are met. To work with Shift Managers, Team
Leaders and Supervisors to drive continuous improvement in the warehouse/intake area. To create or update product routes as required.
Technical: reporting to Quality Team Leader.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To review and file certificates of conformance or analysis from suppliers for those raw materials required, ensuring the results are within the agreed specifications prior to release for use. To take raw ingredients samples that are required for testing and also building up a library of retention samples on key ingredients. To check packaging materials as per agreed standards.
- To work with the relevant teams in investigating customer complaints and foreign body investigations, and to promote ideas for sustainable solutions.
- To complete, send and follow up any supplier non- conformances.
- To investigate any returns from customers, take appropriate action and complete on Tropos software.
- Support trials carried out on line, contributing towards setting appropriate quality standards/QAS and ensuring all process and quality parameters are documented.
- To create instructions for new products and amend them for existing products as required. Approve bom changes and green forms as required.
- To complete traceability, internal and GMP/Glass audits.
- Non-conformances to be managed accordingly with the Team Leader/ Supervisor/ Shift Manager and where necessary liaison with the Quality Systems Manager /Technical Manager. Sustainability of corrective actions to be delivered against repetitive non-conformances.
- To drive high standards of GMP within the area of responsibility, ensuring close out of any issues relating to GMP or audit failures. Continue to monitor performance to ensure sustainable corrective action. Significant shortfalls in areas likely to compromise food safety integrity to be highlighted to the Technical Manager and Quality Systems Manager.
- Ensure that all quality system documentation is completed accurately, in time and in full.
- To generate hold, scrap and rework labels as required ensuring that any accompanying transactions and comments on Tropos software are completed.
- To ensure accurate completion of the Export documentation.
- To review risk assessment of raw/packaging materials against requirements.
- Ensure effective handover among the rest members of the Quality department.
- Communication skills – for confident and professional liaison with internal customers.
- Influencing and negotiation skills to bring about change and right first time approach.
- Determination to see a task through to the end and challenge barriers.
- Self-motivated and responsible for time management.
- Good co-operative internal relationships with relevant departments/colleagues.
- Level 2 Food Safety.
- A users knowledge of standard software systems.
- Time management to plan duties and carry out tasks daily as required.
- Customer focus internal to provide an excellent service to all areas.
- Teamwork within both the technical and operations teams.
- Positive Influencing to change behaviours.