Assisting with the day to day operations of the HR and Payroll functions. Providing support to the HR Manager and Finance Manager (payroll). Assist with creating and improving policies, processes and documents. Ensuring the HR function is organised, operating smoothly and to a high standard for legal compliance and employee experience.
Responsibilities & Duties
- First point of contact for HR-related queries from employees, managers and external partners.
- Manage and maintain HR records for all employees and administration of the HR Management System (Natural HR).
- Assist with recruitment, including submitting job postings and scheduling interviews. Process new starters and support managers with onboarding.
- Support the implementation and updating of policies in line with legislation.
- Prepare all HR documentation as required, including but not limited to RTW interviews, disciplinaries, grievances, flexible working requests, etc and guide management to ensure all policies are adhered to.
- Support site HR projects (events, well-being and engagement activities).
- Review/validate monthly payroll data (working hours, overtime, deductions and supplement payments) for 220+ employees. Run basic reports and collate KPI data onto excel spreadsheets.
- Update payroll document with employee changes (starters, leavers, bank detail changes etc).
- Reconcile pension contributions and convert to online processing document for upload to pension portal.
- Preparation of headcount schedule (including actual spend vs budget) and department schedule to be sent to relevant department heads.
- Provide support and guidance to Front Line Manager’s when resolving pay queries for their team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent experience working within a similar role.
- CIPD Qualified or working towards qualification.
- Highly motivated, organised with excellent prioritising and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in use of Office applications (especially Word and Excel).
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures, basic knowledge of employment laws.
- High level confidentiality with good practical knowledge of DPA 2018 and GDPR.
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing business (especially FMCG).
- Payroll administration, processes and calculations advantageous although full training will be given within role.
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2019