A strong generalist HR Advisor supporting the HR, Training & Engagement Manager to deliver against the People Plan. Providing first line support within the day-to-day operations of the HR and Payroll functions. Ensuring the HR function is organised, operating smoothly and to a high standard for legal compliance and employee experience.
HR: reporting to HR, Training & Engagement Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- First point of contact for all HR and Payroll related queries from employees, managers and external partners.
- Supporting and advising managers on absence management and employee relations.
- Manage and maintain HR records for all employees and administration of the HR Management System (Natural HR) in line with GDPR.
- Review and update job descriptions; advising managers on recruitment and selection strategies, submitting job postings, scheduling and supporting interviews.
- Responsible for processing all activities within the employee life cycle.
- Support the implementation and updating of company policies in line with legislation, company goals and best practice.
- Prepare all HR documentation as required, including but limited to return to work interviews, disciplinaries, grievances, flexible working requests and guide management to ensure all policies are adhered to.
- Support site HR projects (events, well-being and engagement activities).
- Review, process and validate monthly payroll data (working hours, overtime, deductions and supplement payments) for 200+ employees. Run basic reporting and collate KPI data.
- Update payroll document with employee changes (e.g starters, leavers, bank details).
- Reconcile pension contributions and convert to online processing document for upload to pension portal.
- Preparation of headcount schedule (including actual spend vs budget) and department schedule sent to relevant departmental heads.
- Provide support and guidance to Front Line Managers when resolving pay queries for their team members.
- Highly motivated, organised with excellent prioritising and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted relationships.
- Enthusiastic and engaging when supporting all employees.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite.
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures, basic knowledge of employment law.
- High level confidentiality with good practical knowledge of GDPR.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience working within a similar role.
- CIPD Qualified or close to final completion of qualification.
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced manufacturing business (especially food).
- Payroll administration, processes and calculations advantageous although full training will be given.
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th March 2021.