Scope of Role
Assist the Finance Manager in preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts & reports as outlined in the EMU Financial Manual. Assist with the preparation of the yearly budget.
As an essential team member, you will assist in providing support to the Finance Manager and Management Accountant, along with support to the Finance Department when and if required.
37.5 hours/week, Monday – Friday, flexible with working times when required to meet business needs.
Finance: reporting to Finance Manager, with 2 x finance assistant reports.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in the preparation & production of monthly Management Accounts, monthly Management reports, analysis of Profit & Loss accounts, for delivery to the Finance Manager/Management Accountant.
- Line manage and Mentor the two Finance Assistants with their growth, development and own succession planning at the forefront of your mind. Extensive involvement in year and the Audit process
Maintaining and Reconciling the FA Register
- Ensure ledger account 99996 Capital Additions is cleared each month.
- Update the Fixed Asset Register with new additions.
- Calculate and post all the depreciation charges at the correct depreciation rate as outlined in the EMU Financial Manual.
- Ensure Capital Analysis by project report is kept up to date and that all projects are monitored against Capex Approval.
- Enforcing the Capex Authorisation/ownership controls.
Accruals and Prepayments
- Responsibility for the calculation and posting of general accruals 21170.
- Maintaining Accrual reconciliation document submitted to the FM.
- Updating, posting and reconciliation of Prepayments.
- Updating, posting and reconciliation of Insurance Prepayments.
- Monthly reconciliation of insurance cost, accruing and tacking down any missing annual costs.
- Responsible for monthly preparation and reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Submission of final report to Emu within deadline.
- Checking and posting or payment/receipt to/from EMU on a monthly basis.
- All queries, adjustments and payments on account to be resolved monthly.
- Downloading statements and transactions monthly.
- Distribution of statements to all card holders.
- Checking all receipts flagging any concerns to the FM.
- Posting journal monthly for Barclaycard transactions reconciling to Barclaycard direct debit.
- Maintain the company car schedule, including renewal process.
- Calculation, preparation & posting of NI & VAT journal.
- Management of employee incidents, liaising with insurance and the employee.
- Manage fuel cards – Allstar.
Cash and Bank
- Daily Bank Reconciliations – all currencies.
- Clearing all differences by the end of each month.
- Posting and reconciling any exchange differences.
- Providing FX analysis report to the FM and MA monthly.
General Ledger Journals
- Assist Finance Manager and Management Accountant when required posting Journals to the General Ledger.
- Post Monthly Journals.
- Provide monthly overhead information for Senior Leadership Team.
- Organise one to one meetings with SLT members to review costs, budget and forecast forward 3 months.
Balance Sheet reconciliations to be completed monthly by deadline with any differences/concerns raised with FM
Assisting Finance Manager and Management Accountant with Budget preparation.
- Intrastat & EC Sales – Preparation and submission of documentation.
- Monthly VAT reconciliations and submission MTD.
- Preparation of P11d’s including payment of Class 1a and related HMRC form submission.
Provide cover / assist with the calculation of Corporation Tax.
Maintain a register of all contracts, across all departments, ensuring auto renewal does not occur without advance agreement.
Maintain schedule of contracted and fixed costs ensuring is updating monthly.
- Preparation of mid-year internal audit files.
- Preparation of external annual audit prep files plus on-site sampling for main audit.
- Dedicated to a long-term career in Finance.
- Good understanding of Finance function with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritise work.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in dealings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Motivated to continuous improvement of process and controls.
- Ambitious part qualified or QBE.
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet & TB.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office software.
- Experience of using and developing enterprise level financial systems.
- Experience with our finance systems CODA and TROPOS.
Closing date for applications: 19th May 2021