Delivery of robust and coherent production plans able to fulfil the demand requirements of the business and maintain high levels of customer service without compromising overall targets for working capital and total supply chain cost.
Support to the Demand Planning Manager in the capture of Sales forecasts and planning of inventory levels. Communication with Customer Supply Chain teams and Bakels Customer Service to ensure clarity of supply-related issues, and resolution of issues. Delivery of planning-related elements of NPI.
Execution of detailed planning activity over a 6-week horizon, and routine liaison with Operations team to ensure joint goals are met. Creation of planned production requirements within ERP and weekly communication of requirements from the immediate 2-week schedule to the Production Scheduler.
Delivery of improvements in capacity utilisation and customer service through removal of unproductive time and correct usage of inventory. Review of planning system parameters and historic sales information to ensure up to date alignment with the changing needs of the business. Maintenance of Rough-cut Capacity Planning models to reflect supply constraints.
Support and deputization for Demand Planning Manager in delivery of improved value across the wider Supply Chain; and cover for Production Scheduler where appropriate.
Supply Chain: reporting to Demand Planning Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create ERP production requirements and monthly production plans on time and accurately to ensure fulfilment of demand and maintenance of service.
- Liaise with Commercial team and, where appropriate, the Customer to ensure forecast demand can be met and adequate communication is maintained.
- Support delivery of Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) activities and meetings within the business and ensure alignment with constrained supply.
- Provide visibility of available capacity through maintenance of Rough-cut Capacity Plans.
- Support Operations to ensure balance between manufacturing, inventory and service/fulfilment costs – allowing for appropriate management of inventory, safety stocks and Economic Batch Quantities.
- Maintain and review inventories both on-site and at customer locations at levels required to deliver targeted levels of service by channel, customer and product groups.
- Liaise with Customer Supply Chain contacts or Bakels Customer Service to ensure that order fulfilment expectations are achieved. Manage the capture of Make to Order (MTO) orders.
- Support introduction of new products to plan adequate trial time and ensure customer first delivery dates are met or issues identified in advance.
- Actively support the Demand Planning manager to introduce new planning systems and tools.
- Ensure clear communications and engagement with Operations, Commercial, Finance and other stakeholders.
- Identify forthcoming supply issues and provide options to maintain service delivery.
- Deputization for Demand Planning Manager when required.
- Cover for Production Scheduler and purchased materials planning when required.
- Ownership of personal development plan and growth within role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and willingness to challenge the status quo to adapt to new approaches.
- Literate and numerate; able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Self-motivation and self-awareness.
- Resilience under pressure.
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Flexible and supportive attitude.
- Confident and able to interact with colleagues inside and outside their own function, and beyond the business.
- Post-18 education or qualification in business and/or other structured or numerate discipline.
- Competent in use of standard Microsoft packages and familiarity with first-hand operation of ERP and MRP systems.
- Planning or Scheduling experience.
- First-hand experience of customer-focussed communications.
- Experience with delivering solutions to conflicting goals and fixed deadlines
- Demonstrable understanding of the needs and differences between various demand planning time horizons.
- Familiarity or experience of factory planning systems using integrated ERP.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd July 2021.