The Business Systems Analyst is a new and critical role to help support enhanced organisational productivity. This role is required to help support and improve the Bakels ERP and other IT systems, along with the connected reporting for the departments through Power BI and other reporting methods. The role is varied and works across the whole British Bakels business, where you will have the opportunity to learn the business processes and systems in depth. The role will also be expected to support the users across the business via our company helpdesk, and to understand and cover various IT functions within the wider team also.
Business Process & Applications: reporting to Business Process & Applications Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create and maintain complex SQL queries to extract data efficiently from relevant databases.
- Optimizing existing queries for improved performance
- Work with our internal teams to provide support and user training as required whilst also gaining an understanding about each businesses process and how this affects the quality, quantity and variety of data collected.
- Work closely with the ERP team and business to gain an understanding of the data and to consolidate databases wherever possible.
- Develop and maintain processes to load, cleanse and validate data.
- Understand the business requirements and take part in discussions regarding the most appropriate solutions. Build solutions for specific business areas, depending on the clients’
- Contribute to the testing and release of processes, providing support and escalation of the issues.
- You will be responsible for data driven efficiency improvements, designing and implementing solutions as required.
- Actively identify improvement opportunities and process improvements in development delivery; designing and implementing data solutions to increase efficiency and reduce manual effort.
- Supporting and providing cover for the wider IT and Development team, managing departmental workloads and individual project deliverables.
- Reviewing data and reporting framework, recommending more effective ways to present information and creating new reports to assist the management decision.
- Maintain full technical documentation of the work done using different tools.
- Responsibility for the creation, development and maintenance of a Bakels data dictionary.
- Performing analysis of company data including KPIs and Sales Reports.
- You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident in dealing with a wide cross section of people. The role is best suited to a self-motivated individual who takes pride in completing tasks to a high standard, as well as having a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good problem solving and communication skills to respond to and help resolve any issues users are experiencing and within the software and applications.
- Organisational and planning skills – ability to prioritise and manage tasks and have ability to work proactively and unsupervised when required.
- Be proactive and suggest improvement solutions.
- A self-starting can-do attitude, coupled with a track record of meeting deadlines and going the extra mile to deliver.
- Strong communication and listening techniques to illustrate and convey ideas.
- Able to build strong personal relationships and trust.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure to manage conflicting demands.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage own workload.
- Critical thinking, questioning and willingness to challenge.
- Analytical mindset.
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Strong SQL Development & Reporting knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills; particularly investigation and resolution of data related problems.
- Knowledge of SQL queries and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Good understanding of data integrity and customer data matching.
- Migration of data/large data volumes Advance Excel knowledge (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup).
- Able to clearly communicate with business and technology stakeholders.
- You should have a solid understanding of end to end data processing.
- Power BI experience.
- VB Script experience.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- A minimum of 2 years’ commercial experience.
- Experience in Tropos (Bakels ERP System) or other ERP systems would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in consolidating systems into a single ERP.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5th February 2021