We are excited to announce that our very first Bakels Bake off will start on 2nd of September!
We really would love as many people as possible to take part as both bakers and tasters! (tasters need not apply, just be ready to sample all the amazing goodies).
There are prizes to be won but the top prize for the ultimate winner will be……
A paid days annual leave added to your entitlement for this year!
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES – THURSDAY 29TH AUGUST 2019
When entering, please select which category you would like to enter under (please be honest, porkie pie tellers will be challenged!)
- Winging it (novice/beginner)
- Bakes at home (intermediate/has done some baking)
- Bring it on! (bakes at work/bakes often)
Then select which weeks work best for your schedule (please note, we need people in each week so may need to ask to move you if we have too many in a certain week).
- Week Beginning 2nd September – Bread week
- Week Beginning 9th September – Tray Bake week
- Week beginning 16th September – Cake week
- Week beginning 23rd September – Bakery Snack week
On your allocated day, you will need to bring enough of your baked good for each of BDC, production and office areas to taste. Drop off points for each area:
- BDC – Brenda at main reception.
- Production – production canteen.
- Offices – Brenda at main reception.
Voting forms will be put next to a ballot box. Each person who tastes the product will need to complete a voting form, which will score the product from 1-10 in 4 categories – presentation, taste, consistency and creativity.
(The average score will be taken to account for more or less people in the office on each day (total score/number of people that voted)
The top scorer from each category will go into a winners bake off in the presentation bakery on Thursday 10th October 2019 (time of day tbc).
Complete the below form to enter:
Sorry, entries are now closed for the Bakels Bake off, keep an eye out for the next one!
Boring but important……. The rules!
- The products must be baked at home in a clean kitchen and brought into work on the allocated day.
- No Bakels products can be used (until the winners bake off).
- Bakels allergen rules must be strictly followed (no nuts, nuts products, sesame etc.)
- The products must be baked by the person entering.
- No shop bought pastry, frostings or cake mixes can be used, everything must be baked from scratch.
- Any cheating will result in disqualification.
- Be positive this is supposed to be competitive fun, any negative nellies may get pie faced! Soz!